Peace and rhythm... |
Olympia Community Percussion Group Opportunities
Samba Olywa meets Sundays 5-7pm Eagles Club
?'s: Juli Kelen, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Samba Olywa is a percussion and dance group dedicated to creating community through the learning and sharing of samba and other rhythms. Instruments are available. Bring your own water and ear plugs. A $5 contribution is encouraged.
7:30-10 p.m., Tuesdays, contact us for location
?'s: Bret Benraven: mailto:email@example.com
- West African & Mali arrangements taught by Bret Benraven. These are big drums played with stick in one hand & playing bell with other hand. Drums are called kinkeni, sangban, djununba (3 sizes).
Wednesdays - 7:00-9:00pm at The United Churches
?'s: Scott Bishop mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improvisational percussion circle, a regular part of the Procession of the Species.
Olympia Rhythm and Dance (OlyRAD)
Fridays 7:00-9:00pm, contact us for location
- Fun multi-instrumental percussion collective band that also performs.
Saturdays - 5:00-7:00pm at Hoodsport Library, 40 N Schoolhouse Rd
?'s: Susan Hampton mailto:email@example.com or 360-463-1702
- community based, free, family-friendly
Mas Uda dancers
?'s: Kashani e-mail = mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org 360-459-3694
- We are a group of dancers who have become friends through our dance. We enjoy the sense of community that has developed through our dancing. We love the sounds of the Middle East and greatly enjoy dancing to live music - we are looking for musicians to play a few simple rhythms for us in the Procession of the Species (late April of each year) and we'd love to see Procession musicians develop into a Mid East band to play at other events throughout the year. Our season revs up in April and goes into early fall. Please contact Kashani if you are interested in drumming (other instruments are welcome, too!) for this fun group of dancers. Mas Uda offers all levels of belly dance classes and also zill (finger cymbal) instruction. Classes meet at the Woman's Club at the corner of 10th and Washington Streets. We sponsor benefit events throughout the year, including the first weekend in April - workshops and show to benefit youth oriented organizations.
website = http://www.mas-uda.com
become a fan of "Mas Uda Dancers" on Facebook
every other Thursday?
- multi-part Zimbabwean marimba practice group
Whew! What a list! Any more Olympia community open group percussion opportunities? Hey, we are doing something very RIGHT here in this little community to have so many great groups going!!! YAY!!! :)