"it is all about family and friends..." |
Welcome to the "Barb O'Neill's Family and Friends" website
We will be delivering meals to the city approved Houseless sites in the Olympia, Lacey, and Tumwater area, the dates for our meal delivery will be on Wednesday the 24th from 12-5pm, please get ahold of us with any donations, 360-485-9931 or 360-970-3555 Rodney & Sarah O'Neill. God bless.
2020 Fact Sheet
- 2020 is the 51th anniversary of Barb O'Neill's Family and Friends.
- There is no paid staff at Barb O'Neill's Family and Friends - these are truly acts of love for the community.
- Over the past 51 years our Holiday meals tradition has risen to over 3,500 helped each holiday season.
- There are many businesses that help coordinate these endeavors: Costco, Cutters' Point, Nisqually Automotive and Towing, Dirty Dave's Gay 90's, O'Blarney's, I Vic's Pizzeria, The Mayan Mexican Family Restaurant, Red Wind Casino, Java Flow, Governor's House Hotel, Hawks Prairie Restaurant, Northwest Smokehouse, Ben Moore's, Pellegrino's, L&E Bottling, MIXX 96.1 FM, FTE Magazine, Mills &Mills, Safeway, Top Foods, Safeplace, Olympic Credit Fund, Thurston County Food Bank, and all the individual community members who have made donations and volunteered as part of their holiday traditions.
- Barb O'Neill's Family and Friends provide over 300 Easter baskets each year to those unable to afford them.
- Project Easter Bunny (Canceled - Covid19) - Easter basket give-away
- Capital Lakefair Fundraiser (Canceled - Covid19) - Olympia
- Non-Perishable Food Drives - Hawks Prairie Safeway, and West Olympia Safeway
- Thanksgiving Meal (11/25) - Hot meal for takeout due to Covid19, warm coats, clothing & blankets
- MIXX 96.1FM Radio Toy Drive (12/18) - Toy drive radio-a-thon collection for Christmas
- Community Christmas Meal (12/19) - Hot meals for takeout due to Covid19, clothing, toys, and gifts (children's gift boutique allows children to shop for parents, caregivers, and siblings)
Barb O'Neill's Family and Friends is continuing a tradition. This is our 50th year, started by Barb O'Neill, in service to the South Sound area. What begun as the simple, yet compassionate act of inviting a neighbor in need to Christmas Dinner has grown into a community-focused charitable organization that now serves over 4,000 holiday dinners, seasonal clothing and gift bank, Easter basket donations, and more. In Barb's name, and her memory, we look forward to many more decades of service to the South Sound community.