"a bi-monthly journal of environmental news and commentary..."
The Nisqually: Making Cooperation Work
A Public Review Presented by South Puget Environmental Education Clearing House
Traditions Café, 6-9 p.m., Thursday, December 1, 2011
(Dinner on your own/light refreshments provided)
- 6:00 Opening Comments Emcee/Introductions Steve Robinson, SPEECH Board Member
- 6:05 "The Nisqually River - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow" - An audio-visual program and comments by David Troutt, Natural Resources Manager, Nisqually Tribe
- "Lessons Learned - Why and How to Work Together" - Georgianna "Porgy" Kautz, Fisheries Manager, Nisqually Tribe
- 7:00 "The Public Benefit - Connecting People with Community and Science" - Comments/power point by Daniel Hull, Executive Director, Nisqually Reach Nature Center
- State Senator Karen Fraser will join the panel if possible - (The State Legislature will be meeting)
- 7:55 "Keynote Perspectives" - Internationally respected leader Billy Frank, Jr., Chairman, Northwest Indian Fisheries Commission
- 8:30 Questions and Answers/Closing Comments: Steve Robinson
- 9:00 Adjourn
Back to Home page.