Best prices in town... none! |
Alternatives for Donations
The FreeStore is unable to accept every donation that is offered. In the event that your donation cannot be accepted, we recommend the following places as options to receiving your donations. We suggest that you call the suggested places and ask them if they can use what you have.
Got something too big for the FreeStore? Is the FreeStore closed?
There are a number of options:
- A database of places to recycle from the Department of Ecology (website)
- A database of places to recycle things (website)
- Thurston County Public Works, Solid Waste Program - "Where Do I Take My?..." (website)
- Places to take those tough to recycle
- Baby Bank (website) - 357-6617
- Build-A-Bike Project - needs old bikes and parts (website)
- Capital Clubhouse has begun accepting donations for its new community clothing bank,
The Wardrobe (website)
- Children's Hospital Thrift - accepts furniture and clothes - 236-8245
- Cleaning resources (website) Busy Bee Cleaning Service
- Emma Goldman Youth & Homeless Outreach Project EGYHOP - Needs: socks, blankets and sleeping bags.
- Emmanuel Bible Fellowship’s clothing bank
- 9 a.m. to noon, the third Saturday of every month
- 2508 State Ave NE, near Steele Street NE
- Furniture Bank of Thurston County - 705-1756
- 2121 Log Cabin Rd, Olympia WA 98501
- Habitat for Humanity's Sound Builder's ReStore - accepts reusable building materials (website) - 956-3456
- InOly - South Sound's Free Classifieds (website)
- KAOS radio - and post it on the Community Billboard for free (website) - 867-6888
- Kids Guide To Recycling Glass And Plastic (website)
- Mary Sheridan Foundation - accepts clothing and items for babies and mothers (website) - 352-4868
- NW Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center (website)
- OlyGeek - a group of volunteers who provide for reuse/recycling of everything PC related (website) - 705-9999
- Olympia Food Coop - forum collection (website)
- OlyReusables (used to be FreeCycle) -
a free listserv with daily postings by people offering or looking for things. (website)
- Safeplace (website) - 754-6300
- Seattle Craig's List (website)
- St. Michael’s Clothing Bank
- Open Tuesdays & Saturdays 9:30 a.m.. to 11:30 a.m, and Thursdays 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: on the church grounds, next to St. Vincent de Paul offices, 1021 Boundary Street SE, near 11th Ave SE
- The Daily Olympian - helpful pages (website)
- The Furniture Bank of Thurston County - 705-1756
- The Other Bank/YWCA (website) - 352-0593
- 2Good2Toss - browse by category; post items for free. (website)
Another long list of local places to 'recycle' things (website) thank you Jeanette!
If anyone has additions to the our "Alternatives" please email it to me ...