"Reclaiming the Tradition, Bringing Funerals Home..." |
Answers to FAQs
- In Washington and most other states, home funerals are legal.
- Families have the legislated right to care for the body of their loved one in the home and to hold a home based funeral service, wake or vigil.
- Home Funerals can be a loving, low cost, alternative at the end of life.
- The average cost of a Funeral in the United States is in the $7000 range.
- A home funeral, including cremation and transport, costs under $2000.
- The body of your loved one can lie in honor at home until cremation or burial, usually 1 to 3 days.
- Embalming is not required in most circumstances.
- You can make a casket or prepare and decorate a simple, low cost cremation casket.
- Should you choose, you may transport the body to the place of disposition. (crematory or cemetery)
- Children can easily and naturally, on their own terms, be welcomed into a home funeral vigil, learning that death is a natural part of the life cycle.
- A home funeral vigil offers the opportunity to nurture meaningful end of life traditions, encouraging healthy grieving.
- For generations we have cared for our loved ones at home.
- There are Green Burial options here in Washington.
Blessing the Journey
Reclaiming the Tradition, Bringing Funerals Home