"it is all about family and friends..." |
Welcome to the "Barb O'Neill's Family and Friends" website
Barb O'Neill's Family and Friends is continuing a tradition. This is our 46th year, started by Barb O'Neill, in service to the South Sound area. What begun as the simple, yet compassionate act of inviting a neighbor in need to Christmas Dinner has grown into a community-focused charitable organization that now serves over 4,000 holiday dinners, seasonal clothing and gift bank, Easter basket donations, and more. In Barb's name, and her memory, we look forward to many more decades of service to the South Sound community.
Note: new location this year.
- The free community Thanksgiving dinner is on Wednesday November 23rd, at First United Methodist Church on the corner of Legion Way and Boundary St from noon to 6:00 pm.
- Preparing for the holidays at MIXX96 is on Friday, December 16th:
- volunteers and donations of food
- donations of gently used, warm clothing
- jackets for women, men, and children
- sleeping bags are greatly needed
- donation drop sites are located downtown, by appointment only
- for more information contact Rodney at 360-485-9931 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christmas dinner is on Saturday December 17th, at First United Methodist Church on the corner of Legion Way and Boundary St from noon to 6:00 pm.
- Thank you to all the individual community members who have made volunteering part of their holiday traditions